This is an Online Learning Programme and registration is on-going. The website link to our e-Learning portal will be emailed to you within 1 - 2 working days after registration/payment has been received and you may log-in immediately to view the multimedia programme.
Practice Area: Private Client Training Level: General
Duration: 83 minutes
About this Programme
This seminar is part of a series presented by the Law Society of Singapore’s Probate Practice Committee earlier this year. This seminar discusses the contentious probate procedures in the Singapore context.
The following topics will be covered during the Seminar on Contentious Probate Procedures:
· When do probate proceedings become contentious?
· The meaning of contentious and non-contentious probate
· Steps to be taken before a matter becomes contentious:
- Directions by the Judge
· Is there a need to issue Citations?
· Revocation of a Grant
· Parties to a probate action:
· Pleadings to be filed in a contentious probate action
· Changes to Orders 71 and 72 of the Rules of Court by the Family Justice Rules 2014
Dr Gopalan Raman – Senior Consultant of Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Withers KhattarWong
1. Only PayPal & GIRO - DDA payments are accepted for e-Learning. (Please ensure that your firm/organization has a standing GIRO - DDA arrangement with The Law Society of Singapore.)
2. For more information on private CPD points, please refer to: http://www.silecpdcentre.sg/Lawyer/CPD-Requirement/Private-CPD-Points/
3. To know how to claim private CPD points, please refer to: http://www.silecpdcentre.sg/Documents/CPD%20Guides/Claiming_Private_CPD_Points.pdf